Radiohead “In Rainbows” (Self-Released)
– Whether it is about the music or the business of music, Radiohead have firmly taken back their place as the most important rock band going.
– All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone is Explosions In The Sky’s least immediate work but perhaps their most emotionally moving.
– Rocky continues to grace us with beautiful albums.
– Third album is the charm for these indie pop rockers.
– Not as instantly memorable as Silent Alarm, A Weekend In The City slowly revealed itself as a worthy follow-up.
– With a little help from Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank is able to bridge the gap between the Modest Mouse of the past and the Modest Mouse of today.
– The National practice a subtle brilliance and Boxer is the band’s masterpiece.
– Beartrap Island is a fascinating debut album by this up and coming indie rock band.
Moving Mountains “Pneuma” (Self-Released)
– An emo/post-rock extravaganza. Fans of The Appleseed Cast take note.
– Chase This Light joins Bleed American as my least favorite JEW albums. That being said, I still love this band and listened to this album just as much as anything this year.