Oh, the negativity…I have loved past albums from the bands below but these albums just did not do it for me.
– MTV.com staff writer James Montgomery said about New Wave, “Punk rock is probably dead already, but if it isn’t, well, this is the album that killed it off forever.” Are you kidding me? That is giving this limp album far too much credit.
– I know the guys in Wilco are full-fledged adults now but did that mean they had to go make a boring, mind-numbing album? Sadly, I can see middle aged men with white socks and sandals “grooving” to this.
– The warm intimacy that graced Iron & Wine’s early material is missing far too often here. Certainly not a bad effort but The Shepherd’s Dog is less than memorable.
– The major label debut curse catches Interpol in its sticky web.
– Sorry, I know a lot of people loved this album. To me though, Planet Of Ice was a bit of a let down. The band seemed to wander off aimlessly far too often.