Small numbers this week. Check out The Valley Arena and Wire releases.
- Auburn Lull “Begin Civil Twilight” (Darla) – Intriguing ambient/shoegazing soundscapes from this Michigan band.
- Automatic 7 “At Funeral Speed” (Mental) – I need to get this. I remembered reading something about this band getting back together. This is their first album since 2000. Great Social D-influenced punk rock. Previous albums on BYO and Vagrant.
- House & Parish “One, One-Thousand” (Arena Rock Recording Co.) – Debut from superstar band (ex-members of The Promise Ring, Texas Is The Reason and The Gloria Record) that I profiled here.
- Japancakes “Loveless” (Darla) – Japancakes’ song-for-song cover of My Bloody Valentine’s classic album, Loveless. Can not wait to hear this.
- Streetlight Manifesto “Somewhere In The Between” (Victory) – Ska!
- The Valley Arena “Sesso Vino” (Anodyne) – Impressive Dischord-influenced stuff. Like a more modern, less experimental Fugazi perhaps. Traces of Engine Down and At The Drive-In as well.
- Wire “Read & Burn 03” (Pink Flag) – First new material from this legendary art-punk band since 2003.